Friday 12 February 2010

Growing space: fertile environments for plants and people



As the global environment changes, basic issues surrounding the necessities of life rise to their rightful place. Food, the mode of its production, and the onward sustainability of these processes is one of these subjects.

Education is the only way to effectively safeguard our future and teaching the next generation about the importance of plants to all life is key.

‘Growing our future’ is a community gardening project based on the edge of school grounds in a town called Okehampton, in southwest England. This involves a learning space which will serve as a home and face for the whole project and help build the relationships between school and community.

By Thomas Randall-Page

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I like the sound of this. I'm trying to do something similar in Chichester although am at the earliest of stages. There are many green spaces I have my eyes on but some love the green whereas I detest the lawnmower.

    I'm perhaps working with Portsmouth Uni to make a bit to INTERREG for funding to take this forward. We should share experiences.

    ReplyDelete